Wednesday 15 April 2009

So this is the ship they say is unsinkable.

3 years short of a century ago today the Titanic sank. I never cared a huge deal for the film, but seeing as the ship was built in the city I live in, we learnt a lot about it and Harland & Wolff in Primary school.
(aside from the accents and my parents, seeing the H&W shipyard cranes is one of the first things that makes me feel at home again when I come back).


Belfast Titanic City

I came across this Titanic-style editorial by Eugenio Recuenco a while ago, I thought it the perfect time to share.











3 comments:

  1. RIDICULOUS FACT ABOUT THE TITANIC WHICH I KNOW FROM LISTENING TO CLASSIC FM WHILE REVISING:

    The royal philharmonic orchestra were meant to play aboard but cancelled last minute.

    In other news, I like the first image. So haunting.
    p.s how was the embroidered skirt?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Eugenio Recuenco, these photographs are gorgeous.

    xxx,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dad who works in Shorts actually took me down to where it was built the other day, its quite strange to see the size of it and all.

    cant believe your from belfast :D i used to live in carrickfergus!

    ReplyDelete